Push notifications offer a great way to communicate with your target audience. Research conducted on standalone behaviors of customers point out that 52 percent of Smartphone users have push notifications enabled on their devices.
These helpful and pinpointed notifications can be used to benefit businesses in the following ways –
- Helping your target audience to direct to your social media channel
- Promoting products and services
- Developing trust and reputation
- Engaging users who are presently unavailable on your website
- Restoring the carts which were abandoned
There are a number of meaningful ways to engage your audience using push notifications; some of which we are mentioning below –
- Grow your opt-in percentage with adequate pitch
- Schedule notifications based on geo-location
- Know which is the best time of the day to send push notifications
- Tailor-design the notifications based on users’ interests
- Track how your notifications are fairing using statistics
Grow your opt-in percentage with adequate
Push notifications are used by a good number of marketers; but do you think all of them score equally better? Those brands or startups that craft very useful, simple and effective message only manage to get installed and subsequently they send the push notifications to users. So, to pitch targeted audience adequately ; you should pitch well-drafted messages.
Schedule notifications based on geo-location
Target audiences based info count! If you research adequately about the location of audiences, and then send useful content based about the location and geography and their preferences, more opt ins can be expected. If you are selling pizza in London, would it make any sense to send push notifications to people located in USA?
Know Which is the Best Time of The Day to Send Push Notifications
It is not very useful to send push notifications anytime of the day. Instead and rather, it is very important to send specialized info at strategic time. You cannot expect office goers to like and click your notification about happy hours during weekdays. However, if you send them the notification during Friday evening; should we need to say it will perhaps generate better user engagement?
Tailor-Design the Notifications Based on Users’ Interests
As we mentioned; it is very crucial that you tailor design your notification based on your users interests. The specific topics that interest your users need to be defined. The better your messages are drafted and unique your ideas are presented; better is the scope for you to connect and collaborate with your audiences.
Track How Your Notifications are Fairing Using Statistics
When it comes to gaining the most out of the statistics; you need to be defined about what your goals are and how do you want to score. The specific statistics need to be evaluated in order to find out which type of push notifications are doing well and which types need more editing.
Bonus Tips and Summary of the Article
- Offer high value content that solves users’ issues
- Push notifications that interest your users
- Communicate intimate form of communication