Classic push notifications
Push notifications are one of the most important communication tools in Mobile CRM. They are an efficient alternative to e-mail marketing and are much more cost-effective compared to SMS marketing.
Potential of the news
Since Smartphone owners use only a few apps on a regular basis, push notifications are an important means to increase the “retention” of users and to return them to the app. Thus, they not only can inform about changes and advertise special offers but also reduce aborted purchase transactions. On the Smartphone device, an individual is significantly more distracted and is often interrupted by calls, SMS or an e-mail received during the purchase process. A mass of companies from different professional backgrounds relies on the impact of Push Notification to lead their customers back into the app to finally carry out the purchase process.
Opt-in and reaction rates
The key aspect of push notification campaigns is to become aware of like how many Smartphone and tablet owners agree to receive these messages. According to a study conducted by Bulk Push, the leading market leader of push notifications shows an opt-in rate of 71%, a clear difference between Android and iOS. For Android users, the opt-in rate is 100% because users passively agree with the download of an app, while iOS users must actively give their consent, resulting in an opt-in rate of 41%.
Facebook Messenger Push notifications
For a few months, companies have been able to send Facebook Messenger Push notifications to their customers. With 900 million monthly users and their average use of 50 minutes per day on the Messenger app or website, Facebook Messenger offers an attractive platform for customer communications, especially for those companies that do not have their own app. A Facebook Messenger Push notification appears on the desktop like a standard Facebook Web Push notification and on the Smartphone, it resembles a regular push message from the Messenger.
It is important to take note of the content of the message, as Facebook gives strict guidelines, which do not allow for the use of the messages. Thus, the dispatch of these short messages is permitted only for the customer service. Examples of a Facebook push are status messages of a parcel delivery, the dispatch of the flight ticket before the departure, or also customer satisfaction surveys.
As with App and Web Push notifications, Facebook Messenger Push notifications receive consent to receive the messages. This can take place in different ways. Anyone who starts a conversation with a Facebook page is automatically considered an opt-in.
Furthermore, Facebook offers two different buttons, which can be integrated into an app or website: “Message Us” and “Send to Messenger”. The “Message Us” button redirects the user to the corporate page in the messenger, whereby the “Send to Messenger” button directly registers the consent without redirecting to the messenger page. This is especially interesting because it registers parameters such as “User ID” or “Purchase ID”.
A mass of businesses is fast developing mobile apps with the view to reaching out to its targeted Smartphone users. And do you know that there is a cutthroat competition between the apps with the intention to encourage more and more users to install and make use of the app? Mobile marketing is the most effective way today to enable you to promote your app to the right group of users successfully.
And if you want to engage your users via Mobile Push Notification Services , listed below are seven tips to keep users engaged.
1. Learn who your Audiences are– As far as your knowledge about your targeted users is concerned, you most probably only know that they like your app simply because they downloaded it. However, that is not a plausible reason to keep a track of their behavior to turn up a pattern. Let us take an example about a user who is searching for new songs of a singer; he/she will love to receive push notifications about the latest book releases and bestsellers on his/her mobile device.
2. Content – You can keep your users engaged with the app by sending them new, exciting and pertinent content. You can send them blogs, links to videos downloads and more. If your content is engaging, certainly the users will be engaged with the app.
3. Timeliness – It really matters to send push notifications to a user at a suitable time. Push notifications about weekend getaways will not turn up a mass of targeted audiences on Mondays; the best way is to send the notifications on Wednesday or Thursday before a long weekend. A push notification sent timely can create a huge difference to your users’ experience and the success rate of the app.
4. Segment Users – Marketers should competently partition the users and sort out notifications sent to them in a specific order. For example, a Push Notification Services about special discount on kids’ accessories would not be live up to the mark in catering to the interests and needs of grown-up students. Likewise, a notification sent to men about a newly launched women’s salon, will fell flat in gaining any traction. Partitioning users by age, sex and other statistics can be helpful in sending them pertinent and appropriate push notifications.
5. Inbox the Notifications – If a user could not receive any push notification, it should still be available to him/her in a different place. Organize an in-app message inbox that can help readers to read the message at their convenience when they get the time to follow up on your messages.
6. Metrics Matter – Gauge the level of success your mobile marketing campaign have achieved in different dimensions. For example, if you have delivered a mobile push notification related to a newly released product/service, it strongly matters to gauge the number of users — who opened the app – looked at the product – read the reviews or features – used the promo code – added the service/product to cart – bought it and which user put an end to using the product/service. Such type of thorough mobile analytics would get a hold of more insights to tune up the app marketing strategy and carry out improved campaigns.
So just put these success mobile push notifications strategies into effect to carry out a hard-hitting push notification campaign with the view to engaging your users as well as enhancing the retention for your app. If you want to know more about the strategies, we at Bulk Push will be more than happy to assist you excellently.
BulkPush automatically converts your regular push notifications into multi-optioned and cost-effective push notifications. We utilize the state-of-the-art Software Development Kit (or SDK), which offers a novel user experience, facilitating user interaction directly from the notification, real-time A/B testing and attractive layout.
Here are the key features of our world-class mobile push notification services:
Speedy broadcast to a mass of mobile devices
Our Mobile Push Notification Server is designed to send a mass of push notifications to mobile devices of all the existing operating systems of mobile devices viz. iOS, Android, Windows etc. in the twinkling of an eye! Based on your preferences, we can customise the notifications and then send them to your targeted mass.
Friendly with all types of back ends
Our push notifications are compatible with any backend viz. Dot NET, PHP, Java, Node.js—whether it is sited on-premises or in the cloud. This facilitates you to upgrade your mobile apps and get connected to your customers.
Target your customers readily with catchy tags
Send push notifications to all your targeted audiences right away or the devices via the Notification Hubs tagging feature. Tags facilitate you to section your targeted users depending on the activity, tastes, location, or preferences; with that said, you deliver the right content to the right person at the exact time.
Localisation facilitated with templates
If your app is targeted for a range of markets, the templates’ feature offer a practical way to send location-based push notifications; this way, you are touching base with the customers in their local languages. Templates also help you to get rid of the hassle of storing the localisation settings for every customer or creating a mass of tags.
In today’s mobile-obsessed competitive world where almost every user is using mobile device so broadly, it is possible to guess that push notifications are a familiar to them. To speak volumes about this innovative mobile technology, it basically refers to concise mobile alerts. It is a commonplace that every time a new app is installed onto your Android or ios mobile device it automatically asks whether you are interested in receiving push notifications. When the alerts turn up on the mobile screen, they, in the beginning, come into view as text messages. The purport and intent of the Andriod Push Notifications is to encourage users to open the specific app and use it.
These days, it is not an out of the ordinary thing for the customers to view the different types of message alerts that pop up on their mobile screen. They are at ease and give instant, up-to-the-minute details. Push notifications are an innovative telecommunication technology featuring varied application types, but few of them are evidently all the rage and are contingent on by users.
- Social– Gives alerts to the trendiest social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln etc. are work wonderfully in keeping people “social” irrespective of the fact where they are.
- News – Thankfully, considering push notifications, which come out of leading news apps, users are typically intimated about up-to-the-minute breaking news without coercing them to keep a tab on the local news or listen to the radio.
- Sports – Which sports or sportsmen users are interested in basically, mobile users can get live alerts with regards to scoring changes, results, and every bit of sports-related news.
- Finance – The mobile push notifications alerts related to finance are very helpful for people interested in finance industry. You can get news related to every sphere of the industry.
- Games – Some most interesting and popular games that most mobile using children these days are interested in Angry Birds, Minecraft, Scramble with Friends, Temple Run and Candy Crush. Push Notification facilitate users to play these games readily at your own convenience and pace.
A lot of businesses with different professional backgrounds have already realized the helpful and cost-effective benefits of this notification alert system and have deployed it into their marketing campaigns as a cardinal constituent. They are reaping the benefits of this thing rapidly and are happy using the tool.