Short for WNS, Windows notification service or Windows Push Notification Service is a specialized notification service designed and developed by Microsoft for all devices that are using Microsoft Windows platforms. It helps developers to send important push content or data – toast and/or tile updates – to platforms and applications that use the feature. Before we learn more about it, here are some general information and then pinpointing to it.
Improved personalized user experience
Push notifications offer a rich, highly advanced personalized application experience. The main difference between push notifications and others is that the application itself does not set the delivery schedule. In push notification, a windows 8 application is a defined and specifically a subscriber to a hosted service which initiates notifications and then delivers it to the necessary parties.
An example to this is a weather application that alerts you of a sunny day or a retail e commerce app that a product you have been looking for is available for sale. A chat application is another typical example; we are used to get toast notifications when a friend pokes at us. In each of these scenarios, a defined third party owns the notification context and it decides what is important and which messages and When To Send As Push Notifications.
How it works
There are four primary deciders for the push notifications – two are actually managed and maintained by users and two by Microsoft as part of the platforms.
- Windows store application – is what you name a Windows 8 application
- Cloud service – is actually a service that a user builds and it works the following
- Keeps a track of the users and or devices which are running your app
- Develop importantly decisive content, which is pushed to a subset of those users through notifications – either toast or tiles
- Windows notification service – Short for WNS, Windows notifications service is actually responsible for sending notifications to defined audience
- Notification client platforms – Short for NCP, it works with WNS or Windows notification service and then sends the notification to the application running on the given or defined device.
The architecture of windows push notification is to many extent like its earlier versions, because it consists of servers and interfaces which generate, store, maintain unique identifiers which are also commonly known as channel URL identifiers for the devices which are registered to utilize the service.
To learn more About Push Notification Services, how it works, bulk push notification services and how to design. BulkPush, we have an individual and devoted server within its system to deal with your needs efficiently. You can define targets according to the proceedings and look at your results.